Friday, May 11, 2012

Daughter of Smoke and Bone-- Laini Taylor

After the review and recommendation of Kristen Shill, I added Daughter of Smoke and Bone to my to-read list on Goodreads. I am so glad I did. I needed a little YA action in my life, and this was a great read. It wasn't at all what I expected, and it actually took me a good bit to really get into the story. But once I did, I was in. Laini Taylor has crafted quite an interesting world, and I can't wait to see what happens in the next book. What is Karou going to do next?! Is Brimstone (and the other chimaera) really dead?! Etc.

Note: While I can call this a YA novel without reservations, I would recommend it for the older side of YA. It's a bit darker and a bit more mature than some of the YA I've read recently.

This was my 16th read of 2012. I give it four stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment