Wednesday, May 23, 2012

#19... or the quickest read ever.

This Is What I Did by Ann Dee Ellis

I'll tell you right off the bat, this book is one of those young adult novels where Something Traumatic happened in the past of the protagonist but you, the reader, don't know what It is. The story skirts around It, but frequently hints at It, giving you bits and pieces until finally It's explained towards the end.

Sometimes I find that style choice annoying. This time I think it worked.

This book is very short. I checked it out from the library this morning and read it while watching Vivian run around the living room. A great read if you want something quick and easy but that still gives you some substance. I also checked out Everything Is Fine by the same author, which looks to be about the same size, so you will likely be hearing from me about it in the near future.

Please excuse the brevity of this review-- I only had a spare few minutes but I wanted to get this up.

3.5 stars

Oh, it also happens to have one of the coolest covers I've seen in a while:




3 comments:

  1. Is this the one that's written in verse or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah. That's right. This is the one with the palindromes.

    ReplyDelete