Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Another re-read of another great book.

I was given a copy of Catching Fire, the second installment in the Hunger Games trilogy, as a birthday present. Since Vivian did me the favor of opening it early, I couldn't resist re-reading it.

Book #27
5 stars

And to tell you the truth, I think I like it more than the first one. I definitely liked it more this time around than I did when I first read it, just like I liked my second read of The Hunger Games more than my first. I really think that's because I just read them way too quickly when they came out. I didn't let anything sink in. I just had to know what was going to happen.

This time, I let myself absorb more and think about it, and it was awesome. I still got through it really quickly, but not because I was sprinting. I could see Peeta and Katniss more clearly than before. The characters really took off for me this time. Haymitch also grew a lot in my mind. He definitely reveals some extra layers here.

I can't wait for the film adaptation to come out next year. As I was reading, I couldn't help but speculate on who they will get to play certain characters. Finnick and Johanna may top that list. Also, Wiress and Beetee. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. I need to re-read this one as soon as my boxes of books get delivered and unpacked, so I can't really give an authoritative opinion on casting, but I will admit that I was intrigued by the mention of Armie Hammer as Finnick. If you don't recognize his name right off, he played the Winklevoss twins in "The Social Network." i was very relieved as well to see that they will NOT be casting Robert Pattinson or Mia Wasikowska.

    ReplyDelete