Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Re-reading continues.

For my 37th read of 2012, I reread Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I'd definitely say that out of the first three HP books, this is the one I had forgotten the most about. It was so fun to read.

And Blogger managed to lose the post I just wrote. It was nothing profound, but ugh, I hate redoing these.

**Note: I didn't skip 36. That was Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson, the book I received at our last Book Exchange Party. It was wonderful, but Kristen read it before I did and has kindly agreed to review it on the blog; thus, I will say only that I give it 5 stars.**

But back to HP. Re-reading HPatPOA was almost like reading it for the first time. Some awesome plot points, like the story behind the Whomping Willow and the Shrieking Shack, for example, had faded from my memory. I love Professor Lupin, and I really love Sirius Black, so being reintroduced to them was wonderful. And, as much as I love the HP movies, it was good to get back to the original story, just as JKR wrote it. I guess that's it for now. I just love HP.

1 comment:

  1. Prisoner of Azkaban will always hold a special place in my heart. As much as I loved the later books of the series, PoA will always be my very favorite.

    ReplyDelete